- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities where
degrees were conferred.
(Download special instructions for submitting transcripts from outside the United States and transcripts not in English ).
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall grade point average of 2.50 or a 3.00 grade point average for the last 60 semester hours.
- At least 12 undergraduate semester hours in psychology including one course in statistics and a cumulative average of a “B” or better.
- Three letters of recommendation from former instructors or employers (requested through the online application).
- Personal statement addressing background in Psychology, expectations of the MS program, and professional goals.
- Completion of admission file by the appropriate deadline.
- After a review of the completed admissions files, selected applicants will be invited to a group interview with psychology program faculty.
Note: Due to limited spaces available, meeting minimum standards does not guarantee admission.
Deadline for submitting all credentials for priority consideration for fall admission into the Master of Science in Psychology program is Feb. 1. The final deadline is April 1.
Conditional acceptance is granted on the merits of each case. In some circumstances, applicants who do not meet all of the requirements for regular admission may be admitted conditionally, providing they fulfill the conditions listed in their letters of conditional acceptance within the period of specified time. If conditional acceptance is given because of missing official credentials, the period of time to provide those documents will not extend beyond the first term of attendance.
Students who wish to enroll for professional licensing, special interest, or to transfer graduate credit to a home institution will be admitted as special students.
To be considered for special admission, applicants must:
- Submit official transcript(s) from a regionally accredited institution showing degree awarded, to include master's degree if applicable. Transient students need only submit a letter of good standing from their home institution verifying graduate status.
- Have earned an overall grade point average of at least 2.50 on undergraduate coursework and 3.00 grade point average on all graduate work.
- Submit a statement of purpose.