We've got your books covered - no extra fees for textbooks and course materials
The OLLU All-Access Program gives OLLU undergraduate students all course materials and textbooks at no extra cost. It saves you time, money and the hassle of searching online for books. OLLU All-Access ensures you have the right textbooks and course materials to be successful beginning on the first day of class.
Benefits of the OLLU All-Access Program
- You "rent" all of your course materials and textbooks for the semester at no additional cost and return everything at the end of finals week.
- Having required course materials makes it easier to be more successful in class.
- Get all required course materials conveniently.
- Easily access, manage and use digital course materials.
- Don't worry about getting the wrong book or wrong edition.
How does OLLU All-Access Work?
The OLLU All-Access Program takes the hassle out of book buying because textbook costs are covered as part of the course fees. This allows every enrolled undergraduate student access to all required materials beginning on the first day of class. Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to the OLLU Bookstore. The Bookstore gets everything ready for you. All you need to do is pick up your required textbooks and materials during Blue Nation Welcome Weekend. You will need to check your Welcome Weekend schedule once it is available for location and times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You will not pay out of pocket for your required textbooks and materials. All costs are covered. On average, students at other universities spend between $800-$1,000 a semester on course materials.
It might be both depending on the courses you are taking. If your required textbook is offered in a digital eBook format, you might receive the textbook in digital eBook format. If your required textbook is not offered in a digital eBook format, you will receive a physical textbook.
Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to the OLLU Bookstore. The Bookstore will get everything ready for you. Undergraduate students taking classes on the Rio Grande Valley campus will have their books mailed to them.
If you drop a class or change sections, or if any of your classes are cancelled, please make sure to return materials to the OLLU Bookstore immediately. You should not hold onto them until the end of the term.
If you add a class, you will receive an email from the Bookstore once your material is ready to be picked up.
No. Since students who study abroad are studying at a different university that has non-OLLU faculty, staff, course offerings, course schedules and policies, it is not possible for OLLU to coordinate to offer the benefits of the All-Access Program during a student's semester studying abroad. During study abroad, students are responsible for paying the cost of their textbooks. When students return to OLLU from studying abroad, they will be able to take advantage of their All-Access Program benefits.
Professors are responsible for notifying (on time) the OLLU Bookstore of materials needed for all classes. Only materials identified by your professor as "required" are included as part of the program. "Recommended" materials will not be part of the program, but may be available in the OLLU Bookstore for a fee.
All books must be returned to the OLLU Bookstore following finals.
- The final deadline to return your textbooks is ______________???
- If you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert the rental to a purchase at the OLLU Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying an additional cost.
- Materials not returned to the OLLU Bookstore at the end of the semester will result in charges added to your Student Business Office account and a hold will be placed on your account until the charge is paid.
After the semester is complete, all course materials and textbooks must be returned to the OLLU Bookstore. However, if you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert from an All-Access rental to a purchase at the OLLU Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying a fee.